Stantonbury Theatre strives to be family friendly and to make your visit as comfortable and as fun as possible. We hope this information is useful to you. We offer a varied programme for families and younger audience members, why not take a look at our family shows which can be seen under Children & Family in our What’s On section?
- Although we love children, any child under 5 years will not be admitted to any performance other than the family shows. Children under 18 months will be admitted free to family shows and will be issued with a Babes in Arms ticket. They can sit on your lap.
- Advisory note to parents and guardians: Stantonbury Theatre cannot accept responsibility for the safety of unaccompanied children between the ages of 8 and 16 attending a performance at the Theatre. Children under the age of 8 should be accompanied by a responsible adult. (This does not apply to workshops, unless otherwise stated.)
- To help you plan, for our children specific shows we do indicate an age range and also the timings of the show. These are of course only indications and timings may be subject to slight change. All children are welcome to the shows and the age suitability is only a guideline. If you would like more information on age suitability for a specific performance, especially upper age guidance, please get in touch with our Box Office.
- We are very lucky here at the theatre as there are no restricted views in the auditorium - you really can see and hear from everywhere and the angle of the seats gives even a small person a very good view of the stage. However we also have FREE inflatable Booster Seats available to borrow- please ask a member of staff or Box Office - they will be happy to help and will even blow it up for you!
- Pushchairs and prams are not allowed in the auditorium - as they could be dangerous if we suddenly had an emergency - however we will look after them for you whilst you enjoy the show.
- There are baby changing facilities clearly marked in the downstairs foyer and children sized toilet facilities are located just beyond the Gallery Bar in the Social Area.
- If you need to take a pushchair or a wheelchair to the theatre's upper foyer then there is an access lift*by the main Reception desk in the Leisure Centre.
*Please note that the lift is only available when the leisure centre is open. Opening times are below and are subject to change during holiday periods.
- Monday – Friday 06.30-22.00
- Saturday and Sunday 08:00-18:00
If you have any other queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome any feedback from your visit as we are not psychic and need to know if there are things we can do to improve our service to families. Please feel free to tell us when we get it right too!